KINETIC Sculpt® places a large emphasis on injury prevention. Hip Rotation is integral to movement and there are a large number of hip related injuries that are possible.
– Low back pain
– Muscle strain injuries (groin pull/ hamstring strain)
– Hip Bursitis
– Hip labrum tear
– Hip arthritis
– Stress fractures
If you are experiencing chronic pain, please do not attempt to self-diagnose, or let your trainer give homespun advice. I highly recommend you see a board certified Orthopedic and Sports Medicine physician for a thorough examination.
The best medicine to avoid injury is prevention. I am posting this video found on the internet via Nike Running. You will find a number of hip exercises demonstrated.
Myrtl Routine – 12 Exercises to help strengthen the hip girdle and provide a greater range of motion. I recommend you incorporate a few of them into your workouts.
- You can perform them at home or outside.
- You don’t need to perform them all at once.
- You can phase them in your workout on alternate days.
1.Clams – 5 Reps per leg
2. Lateral leg raise – 15 Reps per leg
– 5 reps neutral
– 5 reps toe down
– 5 reps toe up
3. Donkey Kicks – 8 Reps per leg
– Watch your lower back
4. Donkey Whips – 5 Reps per leg
– Guard the aggressiveness of you your leg swing
5. Fire hydrant – 8 Reps per leg
6. Knee Circle: Forward – 5 Reps per leg
7. Knee Circle: Backward – 5 Reps per leg
– Expect to struggle
8. Hurdle Trail Leg: Forward – 5 Reps per leg
9. Hurdle Trail Leg: Backward – 5 Reps per leg
– Expect to struggle and feel uncoordinated. Don’t quit.
10. Lateral Leg Swing – 5 Reps per leg
11. Linear Leg Swing – 10 Reps per leg
You can also download the PDF courtesy of Nike Running as a companion guide. Copy it to your phone and you can carry it with you.
EXERCISE CONSCIOUSLY. – Erwin